Saturday, February 2, 2008

January?

Are we really in to February already? Where did January go? We had such a busy month. The kids had a weeks more Christmas vacation than everyone else so we tried to find fun! Then there was the half marathon that I've trained 20 weeks for, family in town, and Wyatt's birthday. I'm sure there was more but that's what sticks out in my mind.


RACE DAY

As many of you know, I trained to walk/run my first half marathon. It was a great experience. It was also a special treat for me because my mom and dad and sisters all came to visit and cheer me on. One of my sisters actually ran with me(she's more experienced than me) and it's a good thing she did, otherwise I may have walked most of the last 3 miles.
Here we come, don't blink or you might miss us!
The kids and I with my sister, Brianna.
My running buddies! Nelly on the left and Charlotte on the right.

Charlotte, me and our team coach, Susan Loken(who is also Charlotte's sister and very accomplished marathoner-she qualified for the Olympic trials team!)
My running buddies...me, Jessica,Charlotte, and Nelly.
We ran with Team Chances for Children. We raised money for this non-profit organization dedicated to fighting childhood obesity in AZ.
I was pretty sure I was going to die toward the end and right after but I lived to tell about it. I was doing great holding in the emtional part of it until I saw my dad and he pulled me in to his chest. A place I remember as a safe shelter of relief from the fast-paced and somewhat cruel world. Looking back and remembering the emotion in this moment makes me realize what kind of feeling I want to have for my Heavenly father. I know He is there for me and loves me unconditionally just like my earthly father, but I still need to learn how to fall carelessly into His arms. I struggle at times knowing His love that way.
Okay- moving on...


FUN WITH THE FAM!

We had a lot of fun while my family was here. We got to spend a day or two with my parents before my sisters came to town. First of all, Wyatt had to show them his latest accomplishment... riding a bike... wait for it... without his training wheels!!!
Run, Grampa, run.
He's already jumping off the curbs and little jumps made
from wood. I flash back to my younger years and my cousins who were BMX racers.
Before this we took a trip to Walmart because Grampa promised April a new bike.
She, get this, picked out a shiney purple and silver BMX.
I wanna ride!!
Sweet wheels, sissy, even with the training wheels.

Apparently, Grampa thought he need to test April's new ride for her.
Okay- so I have so much I want you to see... I have to make this a "to be continued" post. I might have to make slide show just so you can see all the pictures I have to share.

7 comments:

Kristi said...

Yiipppppeeeee! A new post -- a monster new post! So glad to hear about your busy, fun month. I'm so impressed, Runner Marathonson!!

Rachel said...

Congrats about the marathon - I loved what you wrote about your dad. So sweet and so true. ((hugs))

And, the kid pics are so lovely - bikes are so much fun!

Carin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carin said...

okay that was myself that deleted...I was trying to say... remember girls, I only did the half marathon!

Kristi said...

Hi, if it's more than a block, it's a marathon to me. So, still impressed, Joggy VonJoggypants.

Mikele said...

I was waiting for marathon pictures! Wyatt is so cool, all non-training wheels like.

mini and brother said...

I'm so proud of you for your marathon. You looked awesome!!!

Wyatt on the bike! Awesome!!!
I just showed Amelia, she said sweet!